Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy doing this Work!

2. What scripture had the biggest Impact on you this week?

This scripture Josh shared with me in his letter that he sent. It is 2 Nefi 33:1  When a man speaks by the power of the Holy Ghost, the power of the Holy ghost brings it (your words) UNTO the hearts of men... Unto not into.... as missionaries it is our job to bring our words to them, but they then have to choose to let it in. But we must allow them the chance, and make it the right enviornment.

 the zone
 missionary planning
 the reflection and face of a missionary so happy to be serving the Lord...and eating pizza :)

 Elder Spencer's apartment building
 the 6 month shoe ....
 
4. How many dogs tried to bite you?

This week, Only 3.... so it was a pretty good week... haha, I am going to buy a pen drive, and send home a video that I took of one trying to eat us... hahahah

5. How many hotdogs do you eat in a week? 

Well I have officially hit the capital of Shutterville...hahah and no longer buy them.... they just gross me out now... but with completos its ok, because the ratio of toppings to hot dog is about 5 to 1... hahah, 

6. What is your favorite dinner food in a members home?

Hmmm well first off we eat lunch with everyone... they dont eat Dinner, its called Once (11) and what it is, is a piece of bread and some drink...normally soda.. hahah, But my favorite food from a member, would have to be Churripan... now that sounds really weird but its not... its two words. Churrisco, and Pan.... its some crazy good sausage and bread. it is kinda like a polish dog, but 10 times better hahaha.... but this week should be a fun one.... WE HAVE NO LUNCHES!!!!!haha great....

7. What is one lesson that you Learned? and What kind of miracle did yu witness this week?

So I have two lessons that I learned. I shared with you in Number 2 about that scripture, and as I was studying it It hit me, that It is our job to bring the message yes.... but also it is our Job to let the words into OUR hearts... We teach and teach all day long, and sometimes all you do is studying for other people, but you must continually strive to strengthen your own testimony. We cant get relaxed as missionaries as to where we our in our testimonies. And lesson number 2. PRAYERS GET ANSWERED. This is my miracle this week aswell... So I have really been praying to get an answer to How can i let my mission change me everyday?  And yes a lot of times You receive your answers through the scriptures. But you also can receive them through Other People, Like your brothers letters, and your dads Emails. Dad wrote to me about the time that he had to build a telescope, and yes I remember it very well, and it was my answer. That we may think that we are doing good, Living worthy, praying, reading, we may think that we are as Glass. But one day someone will take that glass and rub it with a grit... and will leave you battered and scratched.... not what you thought you were... You seemed to think that because of where you were yuo couldnt be scratched....  But through the scratches you become humble enough, and have enough crevases that you can be made better. You can be made even better through the Pitch... the atonement of Jesus Christ. And through time I will no longer be just a clear piece of Glass.... But I will be as a perfected telescope, able to see much farther than what I could have seen before. But only through the long proccess and allowing yourself to be changed. Mom, Dad, Justin, Colson, Jace, Allow yourselves to be changed. You will be living with a returned missionary. Things will be different than before. I can promise you that Josh will not be the same. And he never will. I was prepared for my mission because I learned from his Example... not you have an even better example... A Telescope for a brother. Learn from him. and allow yourselves to be changed. I am so greatful for these past 6 months, I would not change them for anything. I love Chile, I love The Lord, for this reason I am here. Not because anyone told me, or because That is just what we do. But because I have a great love for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment